Meeting Minutes – December 2015
Please review this material and members need to affirm the minutes and or make comments.
In attendance: Jacqueline Smith, Terry Kocsis, Jeanne Brown and Frederic Gottschalk. Not attending was Ed Ganey and attending was Suzi King, Business Manager.
Minutes from the November 17, 2015 Annual Meeting were reviewed and the election of Jeanne Brown to the Board was noted. A quorum of more than 10% of residents was also noted.
Minutes reflected the following motion which was adopted unanimously. “A motion was passed with no negative votes for dues paid monthly received no later than the 10th day of each month and dues paid quarterly must be paid by the 10th day of the first month of the quarter. or a resident will be assessed a $10.00 late fee for each month payments are delinquent-in other words payments of HOA fees are to paid in advance not in arrears and a discussion in the future would consider a discount for residents who may choose to pay annually.”
The Board unanimously voted to establish the following rules about HOA payments and delinquencies thereon:
The Board was informed by Suzi King that $11,975 HOA payments by residents were due for the fourth quarter of 2015 with four residents delinquent for the third and fourth quarters in 2015. The Board feels this is a serious problem and that the past forbearance of past Boards towards quarterly payments must be changed. Not only are the penalties of $10.00 per month for quarterly delinquencies relatively large but if payments are delinquencies for just a quarter this leads to a serious delinquency for 90 days and 180 days if the delinquency extends to two quarters.
- Promote monthly payments not quarterly payments.
- Those residents who pay quarterly and are delinquent on January 10, 2016 will no longer be allowed to make quarterly payments but will be required to make monthly payments in 2016 and thereafter. If those residents now delinquent make up delinquent status by January 10, 1016 no late fees will be assessed. If declared delinquent for one or two quarters, after discussion with legal, we will be filing a lien against their property and the lien will not be released until all delinquent payments plus filing fees and legal fees are paid.
- If a resident decides to pay a full years HOA payment at the first of the year (before January 10th) this payment will be subject to a 5% discount, for example 125.00 per month times 12 equals $1,500.00 and a discount of $75.00 will result in a net payment of $1,425.00.
- Residents deemed not delinquent by January 10, 2016 will not be subject to $10.00 late charges on delinquent monthly accounts until after April 1, 2016 in order to give people time to adjust to these new rules.
- Timely payments will be determined by the postage date indicated on the envelope or the processing date by a cooperating bank. It is strongly suggested that residents arrange will their bank to have their banks process payments by mail on or about the first of the month to avoid having any delinquencies assessed against them.
- It was suggested at the Board meeting to fill the position of Vice President. Terry Kocsis was nominated, approved unanimously and has accepted this position.
Frederic Gottschalk, President of the HOA and member of the Board of SID 429, reported SID 429 Board in their December meeting will be placing bids in late January for garbage and or re-cycle collection within the SID at or below an estimated $8.50 and or $10.60 per month fee to be paid within property taxes assessed.
We will attempt to find and arrange Christmas decorations for the entrance to our HOA. Jeanne Brown volunteered to help put up these decorations.
Frederic Gottschalk, President of HOA